Thanks both of you for the advices. This indeed speed up the map a lot. This doesn't solve all issues since now the resolution is bad, but may help to get an idea for a fix. I'll let you know if I find any performance improvements.

Julien

On 2016-10-13 03:13 AM, Viglino Jean-Marc via OL3 Dev wrote:
Hello,

You can use the hidpi option to turn off WMS request based on
pixelRatio. The result is mainly visible on texts.
See http://jsfiddle.net/Viglino/Lpbnw14z/

Also pay attention to the fact the canvas map already gets into account
the pixelRatio, ie. a 100x100 px map  will result in a 200x200px canvas
on mobile (with pixelRatio of 2).
In your fiddle, your map canvas has a 950x1400 px canvas on a laptop,
but 1900x2800 px on a mobile: 4 times more area and 4 time longer to draw...

@+

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ol3-dev/5665537f-984c-486c-bae9-312fa61c01e2%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ol3-dev/5665537f-984c-486c-bae9-312fa61c01e2%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Julien-Samuel Lacroix