There's a knurled ring at this joint , it's often very loose .

If the leak persists , try wiping everything as clean as possible before
backing the ring off ,when you slide it back you'll (hopefully) see some
leather rings that are supposed to be pressed into place when you snug up the
knurled ring ~ if they're gone ,m get some rope typ faucet stem packing and
wrap it snugly around the smaller diameter part a few times , cut off then
slide the ring back over it and snug up again ~ it needn't be overly tight and
it will drip no matter what , just don't accept puddles of gear oil .

New Gear oil tends to be 85W-90 and yes , it's much thinner than the old 90W
gear oil it originally had but the modern stuff is not only O.K. , it's better
than the old stuff .

You may need a new seal or whatnot but unlikely you need new bushings

-Nate