Hi Al Jones and anyone else who can help.:    I have a new Okie bushing for my
38 Chev.  Do you have step-by-step instructions on how to install it??
Thanks,   Bruce

________________________________
 From: Allen Jones <jone...@myuw.net>
To: "old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com" <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:16 PM
Subject: RE: [old-chevy-truck] Re: 3600 Torque Tube Leak

Steve,

The okie bushing does have an integral seal in it so it will stop leaks.  But
realize it only stops the transmission oil from draining back into the rear
end.  If the trans oil is leaking out of the ball shaft onto the ground, that's
a cork seal in the retaining ring.  That's an easy fix - see the factory repair
manual.

Yes, you should have at least 90 weight in your transmission as well as soil
compatible with bronze parts.  I use 90-140 as it helps minimize Class 1 or 2
leaks (given the light tolerances used back when it was made).  If you're
running engine oil in it, consider it a bonus if it was detergent oil.  It
helped to clean it out - so you now drain it and put the proper oil in it.
Most old manuals state that to flush the trans, add solvent and run down the
road (effectively diluting the oil), drain, and fill.  Works great on tractors
too.

Good luck,

Al Jones