On 04/17/2014 06:06 PM, Robert Xu wrote:
On 17 April 2014 20:18, Rolf Pedersen <rolfpeder...@mindspring.com> wrote:
Well, I put and verified 3352 on a usb key and installed from that. There
was one oddity at first boot, which flashed the "Detecting unused hardware
packages" message for an instant, then stopped at the login splash screen,
w/o the login box, first configuration not having been done.
Hold on - are you getting that message after installation or before
installation?
(as in during installation or on first boot?)

To be more clear, the installation completes normally, with the congratulations, prompt to remove installation medium, and reboot. At first boot, there is a flash of "Detecting unused hardware packages" or similar, and no further progress until I reboot, after a couple of minutes, in this case. At second boot, the removing hardware and locale packages message displays quite a bit longer, which I take to indicate it completed. Also, the root password and user configuration completes, all of which should have happened first boot. So, there was a failed first boot, essentially, with first time configuration happening at second boot, in this case, for what reason I don't know.
Rolf