Hi Jon,

Your first step -> copy Nagios files - is not the best idea. Do you have so
many classical configured Nagios checks?

Migration looks at my systems this way.
- integrate all files from /etc/check_mk/conf.d and
/etc/check_mk/multisite.d/ to the new OMD side - at this step i don't
overwrite the files, i merge these files
- copy the autocheck files from /var/lib/check_mk/autochecks to your OMD if
you don't want to inventories all hosts again
- copy your Nagios state files to the site that the system is starting with
the last state from the old system
- copy only the plugins what are not included in OMD to
~/local/lib/nagios/plugins
- replace all $USER1$ with $USER2$ if the plugin is inside the ~/local/
folder
- generate a new check_mk configuration with cmk -R inside your OMD site
and test if all is working

What is not described here is the migration of PNP data. These depends on
the system architecture and storage format of your PNP data.

Best regards
Andreas