Hi John

>  how do you merge ? with rsync ?
> i would like  a tool which i can choose to keep the original ones
>  unmodified.

Manual merge or use a diff tool, the problem is that you want some of the
newer / actual settings inside your migrated site.
You can also add the newer rules first to your ".mk" files and then
overwrite the existing ones.

> > do you have so many classical configured Nagios checks?
>
> jep we have many classic checks.

Then it would be good to migrate the classical configuration first inside
WATO before you start with your migration.
Or other question from my side - at the moment do you define the hosts all
inside WATO in your manual Nagios/Check_MK setup?

> >integrate all files from /etc/check_mk/conf.d and
> >/etc/check_mk/multisite.d/ to the new OMD side - at this step i don't
> >overwrite the files, i merge these files >- copy the autocheck files from
> /var/lib/check_mk/autochecks to your OMD if > you don't want to inventories
> all hosts again
> Beside the fact the we don't have many checkmk checks ( it's still for
> supporting nagios.. may to replace some checks in  future ) i think i can
> skip these step.
>

> >copy your Nagios state files to the site that the system is starting with
> >the last state from the old system.
>
> The state file is also not critical... what it counts is the actual  state
>  but i think i still  copy these one .. it's the status.dat .. am I right ?

Yes - you have to check the naming of the files - it is sometimes different
in manual Nagios installations then OMD.

> > ~/local/lib/nagios/plugins
>
> where i can see the standard plugins from omd to compare thes ones with my
> old nagios instance ?

OMD delivered plugins are inside ~/lib/nagios/plugins

> > replace all $USER1$ with $USER2$ if the plugin is inside the ~/local/folder
>
> what do you mean with this statment .. may you could describe a little bit
> more exactly .. where i have to set these variable ...in the command.cfg or
> could i change this in the resource.cfg  ?.

Inside your current resource.cfg there is the user macro defined for the
standard plugin path ($USER1$) inside OMD you have two paths for plugins
the standard one and the local on ($USER2$).
As you have plugins in two paths you need to change the configuration to
reflect this situation.

Best regards
Andreas