Hello Andreas,

> Manual merge or use a diff tool, the problem is that you want some of the newer / actual settings inside your migrated site.
> You can also add the newer rules first to your ".mk" files and then overwrite the existing ones.

My approach is to set nagios at the first monitoring system when i migrate from the old one
Cause atm i cannot dive deeper into the checkmk checks and their mechanism and then from time to time i would convert the nagios checks in checkmk with wato.
Or is some feature availiable in check_mk to do this really fast ? ( a tool or sth like that )

>Manual merge or use a diff tool, the problem is that you want some of the newer / actual settings inside your migrated site.
>You can also add the newer rules first to your ".mk" files and then overwrite the existing ones.

With the merge one i have to  look which one will fit best.

>Then it would be good to migrate the classical configuration first inside WATO before you start with your migration.
>Or other question from my side - at the moment do you define the hosts all inside WATO in your manual Nagios/Check_MK setup?

For some time i create some Config that i can see the check hosts in nagios .. but not more .. atm check_mk is just an experience.

I think it's a good idea to create another instance for testing.

I will do some testing and  if there problems  occours i'll write back.

Btw. could i use icinga2 core for the standard nagios  checks or do i have to modify sth. in order to run omd with  icinga2 core.

thanks so far andreas

regards john