Hi Oliver,

Thank you for sharing your use-case on Nexenta.

A few years ago we also needed to have a DR site, and I tested several third
party tools.

The introduction of ZFS to Linux, with ZOL, made things more confused, by
adding several more tools (like sanoid: https://github.com/jimsalterjrs/sanoid).

Ultimately we settled on a simple tool, which we tested over the years with
satisfactory results (zfsnap).

Of course, if Nexenta will not allow shell access anymore, that makes it a bit
more difficult.

I would defer to more expert people, like Guenther, who also replied to your
message.

Kind regards,

Priyadarshan