I suppose you can either keep the last snaps identical on source and target with a simple zfs send recursively or you need a script that cares about and does a send per filesystem to allow a different number of snaps on the target system.

This is not related to Nexenta but I saw the same on current OmniOS -> OmniOS as they use the same Open-ZFS base Illumos

Gea
@naapp-it.org

Am 11.06.2018 um 10:58 schrieb Oliver Weinmann:

Yes it is recursively. We have hundreds of child datasets so single filesystems would be a real headache to maintain. L

*Oliver Weinmann*
Head of Corporate ICT

Telespazio VEGA Deutschland GmbH
Europaplatz 5 - 64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Ph: +49 (0)6151 8257 744 | Fax: +49 (0)6151 8257 799
oliver.weinm...@telespazio-vega.de <mailto:oliver.weinm...@telespazio-vega.de>
www.telespazio-vega.de

Registered office/Sitz: Darmstadt, Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt, HRB 89231; Managing Director/Geschäftsführer: Sigmar Keller

*From:*OmniOS-discuss <omnios-discuss-boun...@lists.omniti.com> *On Behalf Of *Guenther Alka
*Sent:* Montag, 11. Juni 2018 09:55
*To:* omnios-discuss@lists.omniti.com
*Subject:* Re: [OmniOS-discuss] zfs send | recv

did you replicate recursively?
keeping a different snap history should be possible when you send single filesystems.

gea
@napp-it.org

Am 11.06.2018 um 09:11 schrieb Oliver Weinmann:

    Hi,

    We are replicating snapshots from a Nexenta system to an OmniOS
    system. Nexenta calls this feature autosync. While they say it is
    only 100% supported between nexenta systems, we managed to get it
    working with OmniOS too. It’s Not rocket science. But there is one
    big problem. In the autosync job on the Nexenta system one can
    specify how many snaps to keep local on the nexenta and how many
    to keep on the target system. Somehow we always have the same
    amount of snaps on both systems. Autosync always cleans all snaps
    on the dest that don’t exist on the source. I contacted nexenta
    support and they told me that this is due to different versions of
    zfs send and zfs recv. There should be a –K  flag, that instructs
    the destination to not destroy snapshots that don't exist on the
    source. Is such a flag available in OmniOS? I assume the flag is
    set on the sending side so that the receiving side has to
    understand it.

    Best Regards,

    Oliver

    www.telespazio-vega.de <http://www.telespazio-vega.de>

    Registered office/Sitz: Darmstadt, Register court/Registergericht:
    Darmstadt, HRB 89231; Managing Director/Geschäftsführer: Sigmar Keller

H          f   G
Hochschule für Gestaltung
university of design

Schwäbisch Gmünd