Alexis,
   Getting a lot further - thanks
   Retrofitted my environment with additional edits - we are aligned exactly
except for the 2 dcae keys, my domain and my user/pass
   OPENSTACK_IMAGE to 16 NOT 14, DCAE_IP_ADDR 10.99.0.3 NOT 2

   As you mention I think we need a DNS collision strategy/workarounds for
multiple DCAE installs in the same tenant

   Q) how can I get Designate configured with the Logging project the way it is
for OOM - so I have that second Designate tenant id and we can coexist
    For now before you delete yours - I will experiment with creating a
different target simpledemo.obrien.onap.org - just to verify I can get the VMs
up for now.
    If you don't need your DCAE vms then you could also delete them to test
this.

   When I rerun I get the following DNS collision on your DCAE setup - I am
wondering if more than one DCAE setup can be configured - because our recordset
entries will both point to the same simpledemo.onap.org - make sense we collide.

"Unable to create zone because another tenant owns a subzone of the zone"

logs
+ EXISTING_ZONES='9rMR.simpledemo.onap.org.
9rMR.dcaeg2.adetalhouet.oom.amsterdam.onap.org.
4Xpi.simpledemo.onap.org.
KfD9.simpledemo.onap.org.
KfD9.dcaeg2.adetalhouet.oom.amsterdam.onap.org.
Idp8.simpledemo.onap.org.
Idp8.dcaeg2.adetalhouet.oom.amsterdam.onap.org.
Phx4.simpledemo.onap.org.
Phx4.dcaeg2.adetalhouet.oom.amsterdam.onap.org.'
+ [[ 9rMR.simpledemo.onap.org.
9rMR.dcaeg2.adetalhouet.oom.amsterdam.onap.org.
4Xpi.simpledemo.onap.org.
KfD9.simpledemo.onap.org.
KfD9.dcaeg2.adetalhouet.oom.amsterdam.onap.org.
Idp8.simpledemo.onap.org.
Idp8.dcaeg2.adetalhouet.oom.amsterdam.onap.org.
Phx4.simpledemo.onap.org.
Phx4.dcaeg2.adetalhouet.oom.amsterdam.onap.org. =~
(^|[[:space:]])simpledemo.onap.org.($|[[:space:]]) ]]
+ echo 'Zone simpledemo.onap.org. doens'\''t exist, creating ...'
Zone simpledemo.onap.org. doens't exist, creating ...
++ awk '{ print $2} '
++ openstack zone create --email=o...@onap.org '--description=DNS zone bridging
DCAE and OOM' --type=PRIMARY simpledemo.onap.org. -f=yaml -c id
Unable to create zone because another tenant owns a subzone of the zone
Create recordSet for simpledemo.onap.org.
+ SIMPLEDEMO_ONAP_ORG_ZONE_ID=
+ echo 'Create recordSet for simpledemo.onap.org.'
+ openstack recordset create --type=A --ttl=10 --records=10.12.6.150 vm1.aai
usage: openstack recordset create [-h] [-f {json,shell,table,value,yaml}]
                                  [-c COLUMN] [--max-width <integer>]
                                  [--fit-width] [--print-empty] [--noindent]
                                  [--prefix PREFIX] --record RECORD --type
                                  TYPE [--ttl TTL] [--description DESCRIPTION]
                                  [--all-projects] [--edit-managed]
                                  [--sudo-project-id SUDO_PROJECT_ID]
                                  zone_id name
openstack recordset create: error: too few arguments