From: onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org
[mailto:onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of Naresh Babu
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:57 AM
To: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Subject: [onap-discuss] Container Based VNF's and Orchestration

Hi Team,

I really appreciate the team efforts for bringing ONAP as one of the best
orchestration tool for SDN and NFV.I just need to provide my thoughts and
inputs further on NFV.Like Most of the VNF's applications are deployed under
Virtual machines normally it take up a lot of system resources. Each VM runs
not just a full copy of an operating system, but a virtual copy of all the
hardware that the operating system needs to run. This quickly adds up to a lot
of RAM and CPU's.To improve the NFV application performance ,microservices and
VNF's can be deployed in containers which we can achieve  the continuous
delivery of VNF critical applications.
This allows for each service upgradation and versioning separately as opposed
to upgrading the entire VNF in a virtual machine. While upgrading a whole
application or VNF, the container determines which individual services have
changed and deploys only those specific services.We can use Kubernets for
managing Containered VNF's and integrate SDN controller Opencontrail (Now it is
called as tungsten Fabric opensource controller) for better networking
,slicing,Isolation and improved security and we can use tosca yaml templates
for Docker as well.Containers going to play huge role in futute NFV and 5G and
we need to start look in to it for Container based VNF's developing and
deployment with orchestration and closed loop automation as well.I am Just
sharing my thoughts and inputs on this.Thank you !!!!!

Thanks
Naresh Babu S