Hi,

At the last Integration team meeting there was a discussion about the need for
a test VNF which had a different focus to the vFW that we are using now.

I had created a task some time ago related to this and it seems like there is
some enthusiasm for this now so I will try to follow up an report back to the
integration team with a way forward.

Can you please look at the Jira https://jira.onap.org/browse/INT-355 for my
initial thinking and look at
https://wiki.onap.org/download/attachments/16002054/BeijingDevForum2017-Dec-13-main-0.mp4?version=1&modificationDate=1513294598000&api=v2
 @ 05:26:40
and
https://onapbeijing2017.sched.com/event/D5pg/progressing-onap-testing-and-integration-with-a-dummy-vnf
 & https://schd.ws/hosted_files/onapbeijing2017/49/ONAP-DummyVNF.pptx

I have created a sub tack which is to try and move the story forward. I intend
to report back to the Integration team next week.

At this stage I would like to confirm requirements and find proposed ways
forward e.g. do we develop something ourselves can we inherit something from
some other opensource project etc.

Please reply to this thread with any ideas/proposals or leave comments on the
JIRA and I will correlate it back to the integration team for a proposed way
forward.

/Andrew

PS:

I have previously made a “dummy” VNF which was just an extension of the Apache
MINA project with a “toy” netconf subsystem added. This didn’t supply a netconf
server as it had no persistence but it allowed APPC to communicate with the
endpoint exposed. It allowed the responses to be configured in runtime via
groovy scripts with no compile time effort. I’m not sure if this a good way to
proceed as it would mean us (ONAP) developing and maintaining a test VNF.