From: onap-tsc@lists.onap.org [mailto:onap-tsc@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of
Pasi Vaananen
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 8:01 AM
To: onap-tsc@lists.onap.org
Subject: Re: [onap-tsc] Edge Automation working group proposal

On 10/12/2018 07:30 AM, Catherine LEFEVRE wrote:
Good morning Srini,

Thank you for sharing the work that has been accomplished by the "Edge
Automation" working group.

One of our major ONAP Community challenges is the prioritization of our
activities.
I am concerned that the creation of a 6th subcommittee will increase the
complexity we are already facing today
to determine what can be accomplished on a release basis considering our
development/testing capacity and then to deliver our commitments on time and
quality.

Have you explored the possibility that the "Edge Automation" working group
could be part of one of the existing subcommittees i.e. Architecture or Use
Case subcommittees
even if dedicated sessions/task force activities are organized related to this
topic ?

+1 - what is fundamentally required to enable edge use cases with ONAP services
with minimal duplication of efforts / maximum re-use are enabling architectural
changes, not entirely new "thing" on the side.

As such, IMHO, this would be a better fit as an Architecture subcommittee
related task force.

Best regards,

Pasi

Best regards