On Jul 2, 2011, at 5:26 PM, Raphael Bircher wrote:

> Am 03.07.11 01:30, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Raphael Bircher<r.birc...@gmx.ch>  wrote:
>>
>>> Am 02.07.11 23:41, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>>>
>>>  OUCH! see below...

>>> The problem is, that we have many dead pages on the SVN. At Collabnet we
>>> haven't the right to delete pages from the CVS. So many many unused site is
>>> still on the SVN but you won't find it over the OOo webpage.
>>>
>>>  It might be useful to take the domains list....

>>> I have already done a sitemap for all projects. It's only 4 month old. I do
>>> this sitemap for the kenai migration. I will upload the list. It's a line
>>> separated textfile.
>>>
>>>  The following page needs more fleshing out:

>>> OOo Page is not so easy as it looks. Ther are many special features on the
>>> kenai framework, and a load of JavaScript. I agree with Kai that we have to
>>> be verry carefull.
>>>
>>> Greatings Raphael
>>>
>>> --
>>> My private Homepage: http://www.raphaelbircher.ch/
>>
>> OK, a totally different thought/approach.
>>
>> I think it might be easier in the long run to migrate the entire current OOo
>> site in total (well except for maybe a few areas/projects) and deal with the
>> revamping/reorg on a longer term basis -- culling out a bit at a time.
>>
>> I think trying to deal with this NOW will considerably slow site migration
>> down, maybe even prevent it altogether and will considerably upset existing
>> users I think.
>>
>> The biggest problem with this alternate approach, well really ANY approach,
>> is that folks that formerly had commit rights to sites, won't, because they
>> aren't committers. And now, with the (somewhat) recent migration to kenai,
>> it's a bit difficult to tell what was going on before that.
>>
>> We should definitely think long term about migrating nearly all project home
>> pages to a wiki for easier maintenance. I think much of this had already
>> happened in actuality. People didn't want to deal with cvs/svn or anything
>> even remotely "techie" to participate.
> Ther is a webbased CMS on Apache at http://cms.apache.org . Well it's not a
> rich CMS, but you can edit a page without using SVN and Command Line. I think
> cause the performance, a static page as main page is not a bad idea. Markdown
> is much easier as html and as I said above, you don't have to deal with svn
> for normal maintenance.
>
> The problem that not all content developer has access to the Apache CMS is
> true. The problem is, that the ASF dosn't make a difference between Content
> Developer and Core Developer. At ASF that's the same status. Become a
> Commiter it's not a fast proces.

You have to show sustained contribution. Patches and presense are noticed by
the PPMC who review and commit the work of non-commiter developers. Often this
comes at the point where the reviewing committers would rather have the
contributor do it themselves. This is what takes time.

> First you have to fill ICLA, then you have to be voted in by PPMC, and finaly
> you have to wait for the apache account.

The main purpose of the ooo-private list is for the PPMC to discuss various
individuals, vote, and only once a new committer has an account will there be a
welcome email on ooo-dev.

> At the OOo Project you have only ask a Project Lead for content defeloper
> right. Therefor you have access to the whole site at Apache OOo.

Regards,
Dave