I'd like to help move this discussion forward.  I'm not perceiving any
*strong* opinions on the Bugzilla versus JIRA question.  But I am
hearing several suggest that JIRA is a better tracker (custom
dashboards in particular were called out).  Bugzilla got some nods for
the ease of migration and the customization done to the OOo version.

I'd like to explore the technical feasibility of migrating to JIRA.

I see this page here describing the migration from JIRA's perspective:

http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/tour/bugzilla-importer.jsp

This appears to require db admin credentials.

Does anyone have experience doing this kind of migration?

And from the project perspective, I assume we want to migrate all
issues, old, new, open closed, everything?  And we must preserve IDs.
Any other constraints?