My preference has nothing to do with blogs, it is purely a naming and branding issue. Formally, OpenOffice.org was always written as OpenOffice.org by those who knew, but colloquially/informally it was always talked about as OpenOffice. I agree we need to maintain ties with the legacy and history of OpenOffice.org, but the removal of the .org isn't going to jeopardise that.

Dave.