On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 05:17:03 -0700 (PDT)
Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry, but if this were put to a vote on general@incubator
> I'd likely vote -1 as it is out of scope for the incubator
> to incubate a non-software-development related group.  Frankly
> we have no business overseeing this work on anything more
> than a formal level because we have no institutional experience
> with forums and their management.

Do you then see no role for support for whatever project at the unskilled
(ordinary member of the public) user level within the Apache structure?

If the Forum continues to provide such support for OpenOffice and its various
forks, including it is to be hoped the forthcoming Apache version, which is the
wish and intention of its Volunteer corps, is there any mechanism whereby
Apache might provide hosting faciltities, with suitable disclaimers as to non
liability?

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>