ODMA.h would not be a contribution to Apache.  It would be an updated file with
a BSD-license adaptation notice and an AIIM Copyright Notice.  (Only my
urologist gets to do cavity searches.)

If I spiffed up the files and reference code that are actually needed to have a
production-quality application be ODMA-aware, I would put those under an ALv2.
I would also use appropriate NOTICE about AIIM and the original work that my
derivatives are based on.  At least one of the multiple header files I use is a
derivative work, so I would have to deal with that.  You'd have to squint real
hard to see the others as derivative works, but I think it would be cool to
acknowledge the AIIM origin anyhow.

These would be published to a SourceForge project that I already have.
Reliance on them by Apache OOo or any other Apache project can be by the usual
third-party incorporation procedure.  I will make sure that the provenance is
as clean as it can possibly be.

I have no desire to take their availability to Apache projects any farther than
that. I see no reason to donate the code to Apache OOo since that is not the
right place to maintain it.

 - Dennis

SOME ANALYSIS:

I think the odds are low that this would be of interest to Apache OOo, since
ODMA does not fit the folder-oriented model that the UNO server uses to access
documents in repositories.  ODMA actually takes a different level of
integration.  ODMA can be thought of as a hybrid of ODBC and TWAIN (remember
that one?).  One peculiarity of its integration model (out of many) is that it
produces modal dialogs against the application's window handle.  This made the
Java integration I undertook quite thrilling.  Oh, and it is not Unicode
enabled.  That should be enough to indicate why this is not low-hanging fruit.
Also, it only works on Windows.  I count at least 4 strikes right there.

I have some blog posts that go into further details, if anyone is that curious.

 - Dennis