--- On Wed, 9/28/11, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> Well... now that I think about it
>
> The linux header (which is actually an GNU iconv header),
> can probably be dealt without too. The MIT licensed header
> in XFree86 is not on X.Org anymore so they did something
> about it.

X.Org uses git and everything git makes itself very difficult
to find (or perhaps it's just me against git!)
I found this minor enhancement in X.org sources (MIT license)
that we may want to carry too:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libX11/commit/?id=83ce4daefdf544f801c7d666c89162690a36ce41

They are just comments though, nothing important.

> Is OOo on a opengrok anywhere? It would be good to see
> where such headers are used.

(Thanks to mst@ for the link.)
FWIW, the header is only used here:
hwpfilter/source/hcode.cpp

Looks pretty easy to just replace it with the XFree86
version.

Pedro.