Am 01.10.2011 00:17, schrieb Michael Stahl:

> On 30.09.2011 21:24, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> On 28.09.2011 17:32, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
>
>> Another advantage of unpacking the tarballs: the patches will become
>> *real* patches that just contain changes of the original source code.
>> Often the patches nowadays contain additional files that we just need to
>> build the stuff in OOo (e.g. dmake makefiles) - they could be checked in
>> as regular files.
>>
>> Currently keeping them as regular files is awkward because then they
>> need to be copied to the place the tarballs are unpacked to.
>
> but this is just because dmake can only build source files in the same
> directory; imagine a more flexible gbuild external build target where the
> makefiles are in the source tree while the tarball gets unpacked in the
> workdir...

Sure, but until we aren't there...

I didn't talk about the dmake makefiles that are used to unpack and
patch, I was talking about using dmake for building the external modules
that come with their own build system. The makefile.mk in the root
directory of the external modules are not part of the patch, but some
patches contain makefile.mk files that are necessary to build the stuff,
either on all or only on some platforms.

Regards,
Mathias