On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
> Are there any plans to preserve archives of any existing @oo.o mailing
> lists?  I didn't see a treatment of archives on the planning page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Mailing+lists

This was discussed previously.  We have Markmail archives of all of
the OOo mailing lists going back to 2000, covering 333 lists and 1.6
million posts:

http://openoffice.markmail.org/

This is linked to from our mailing list page:

> Obviously any mailing lists hosted at Apache will use the normal
> mail-archive.a.o system, but I was wondering if there's any plan or need for
> somehow preserving the past archives of lists.

I don't think we need an archive beyond Markmail.  But I have no
objections if someone wants to make another copy.

> I'd certainly like to review some of the past lists, especially the
> marketing/branding and strategy ones.  I could imagine that a number of the
> developer lists might also be valuable for future reference as well.

Indeed.

-Rob