--- On Tue, 10/25/11, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Something we talked about a while
> ago, but never did.  An FAQ on how
> to submit a patch to the project.  Obviously, we have
> many project
> members who have figured this out.  But there may be
> others who now or
> in the future would benefit from a simple write up.
>
> I was thinking of taking as a base, this page from Apache
> HTTP, "How
> to Contribute Patches to Apache":
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html
>

> A few questions:
>

> 1) If someone uses the git bridge to the repository, does
> "git diff"
> produce a patch in the same format as "svn diff"?  In
> other words, are
> they compatible?
>
> 2) Do we have a strong preference for whether patches are
> submitted to
> the ooo-dev list or via Bugzilla?  Or are both
> acceptable?

Both are acceptable and are covered by clause 5 of the
AL2. I personally prefer bugzilla because the list
sometimes filters patches.

> 3) It is clear that someone submitting a patch to BZ does
> so under
> ALv2.  It is not so clear for patches on ooo-dev,
> unless they state so
> explicitly, right?

FWIW, bugzilla reminds ppl of the AL2 when you create
an account. If you want to add a similar notice when
people subscribe to the list thats OK, but I dont
want the extra license noise in the lists to specify
what should be obvious.

> 4) Any other things we should mention?

To use the [patch] or [code] tag when sending
patches.

Pedro.