On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 October 2011 18:01, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Florian Effenberger
>> <flo...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > answering questions with other questions does not make sense.
>> >
>> > Again, given the history of this topic, I think neutral grounds make
>> sense.
>> > I made a proposal, and so far I have not heard any compelling reason why
>> > this proposal is wrong.
>> >
>> > And I doubt you will name me one, because there is none.
>>
>> It is like making a baby.
>

> Well babies are usually made from love and tenderness (unless it's a
> mistake) and I don't see too much of that in this approach. At least to get
> started why not do it on a neutral list? Florian has made a perfectly
> reasonable case for it. Is that so much to give up just to get something
> going? In terms of baby making I'd say we need some serious marriage
> guidance before even talking about getting in bed together never mind
> wrapping anything in latex.
>
> As a PPMC member I think we should show good will by going along with
> Florian's suggestion and at least get one area of definite cooperation.
> Where it happens is totally irrelevant.

Then perhaps pursue one of the 6 or other options I raised for
collaboration, unrelated to security. But I think we do poorly if PPMC
members who are not involved with security use this list proposal as
their playground for collaborative experimentation.  There is a reason
why we created a separate ooo-security list with only a subset of PPMC
members.