Hi,

On 2011-12-24, at 05:23 , Ross Gardler wrote:

> Sorry Sally
>
> It's just a heads up about the potential issue of multi-lingual press
> releases from AOO. The first instance will be the milestone release in Q1
> 2012, so no rush.

Indeed. It's the end of the year, I have some time to catch up on emails, and
that means: think ahead!

> Looking further into the future there may be situations when a national
> group will want to do their own release.

Quite. And I would just nuance it: it's not about nations, which organize on
the ground resources to help users and contributors but about language, which
in diaspora floats above political boundaries, at least in theory, if not in
fact. (In fact, it articulates empire.)

I would actually be rather interested to see if ASF would even look to this
podling as an experiment of sorts, that may be applied to other more or less
similar projects. What would be applied: the linguistic float and the PR
process. Mind I do not wish to usurp Apache's hierarchical structure; I see
that as reasonable and logical.

cheers,
Louis