On 1/13/12 4:00 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 12, 2012, at 6:18 PM, Ross Gardler<rgard...@opendirective.com>  wrote:

On 12 January 2012 19:01, Dave Fisher<dave2w...@comcast.net>  wrote:
Sorry to top post.

A distinction exists between extensions.oo.o and extensions.services.oo.o.

The first is part of the OOo-site and the second is the service.

Thanks Dave. Just so I'm absolutely clear does this change the
proposal other than the precise domain names allocated? I'm not sure
this distinction had been made before.

Specifically is the SF proposal to take both the site and the service?

They would be hosting the service domain at extensions.services.oo.o.

The ASF hosts extensions.oo.o within www.oo.o/extensions/

Your second mention of e.oo.o makes sense the others should use the services
URL.

Try the two urls to see what I mean

yes that was always a problem and often confusing.
For the future I would propose that we drop the page on extensions.openoffice.org and merge the minimal content there with the api.openoffice.org page. Most of the content is already in the wiki anyway.

And we should use extensions.openoffice.org as the new Url for extensions.services.openoffice.org.

Similar to a proposed change of wiki.services.openoffice.org to wiki.openoffice.org.

Where possible we should drop *.services.openoffice.org with *.openoffice.org

Juergen