Hi Ross,

sorry for my top posting.

I have only one point that is important for me. The hosting aspect of binary extensions and templates is a very important part and we should ensure can we can provide such a service in some way. And here it is not important for our users if it is on Apache servers or any where else. Important is the usage from a user perspective of such a service. It is a huge difference if you put your binary on for example Sourceforge, move to extension.openoffice.org and register your extension with an Url. Or simply upload the binary during the registration on extensions.openoffice.org directly.

Keep in mind we have it here to do with experienced users and not always developers. Especially when you think about simply macro collections and templates.

Juergen