On 27/02/2012 Andre Fischer wrote:
It would help me, for example, if you could describe the localization
from you POV, like how you down- and later upload data from/to the
pootle server. When do you start translation, how do you signal that you
have finished translating and the uploaded data is ready for integration?

This is easy and I can answer it too: Sun/Oracle used to prepare the data from the sources and uploaded them to a Pootle server; then translation teams would operate on the PO files (online or offline) before an announced "translation deadline"; at that point, control was back in the hands of Sun/Oracle: they used data from the PO files to repopulate the SDF files used in the source. But this probably adds nothing to what you already know: in other words, the code<->Pootle conversions have always been "black boxes" for translation teams.

Regards,
  Andrea.