Update regarding the autoconf files in main/:

If you are interested in a list of the files in main/ then please have a look at [1].

In main/ you will find the files

    acinclude.m4
    aclocal.m4
    config.guess
    config.sub
    install-sh

which are used in the autoconf process.

The files aclocal.m4, config.guess, config.sub, install-sh do not have AOO specific content. They are copies of generic files that we have included into SVN just for convenience. I am currently looking into how they can be re-created on the fly. However, they do not seem to pose a legal problem:

    install-sh seems to have a MIT license

aclocal.m4, config.guess, config.sub are all copyrighted by the FSF and are under GPL but their headers include this paragraph:

# As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, if you
# distribute this file as part of a program that contains a
# configuration script generated by Autoconf, you may include it under
# the same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that program.

The only file that looks like a potential legal problem is acinclude.m4.
It contains some OpenOffice specific macros (and thus can not be re-created on the fly) and contains this in its header:

dnl @author Caolan McNamara <cao...@skynet.ie>
dnl @author Daniel Richard G. <sk...@iskunk.org>
dnl @version 2006-05-01
dnl @license LGPL

Any comments regarding the legal status of these files?

-Andre

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Bootstrapping#Files_in_main.2F