On 3/29/12 11:13 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
It is worth noting that a frequent
question from users is how to remove unwanted
preinstalled dictionaries.  In a future release perhaps a
modification of the install process might allow selection of
dictionaries at install time.  I suspect, but do not know for
certain, that in some cases such users wish to economise on
memory, be it storage or RAM, used by the program when installed
on older computers.

this is valuable feedback and we should take care of this in the future. As
always and everywhere we have a lot of areas where we can improve things.

That means that we exactly need the feedback from our users (home as well as
enterprise users). In the end the tasks they want to achieve are very similar
for all. Our focus for the future should be to make
things as easy as possible for our users.

Juergen

In the same area, it's rather strange that the whole list of languages is available in the
drop-down lists that are easily accessible to users (in the Font properties tab for
example) whereas only installed dics are listed in Tools>Options>Language and
Settings>Writing Aids>Modules.

The long list is either confusing (are all these languages installed?) or not
convenient (I've to move along the whole list to find the correct language). It
would be more logical to have the opposite:
- short list (only installed dics) in the "common" settings
- long list (with the check mark for installed languages) in the advanced options
(Tools>Options>...)

In the forum, very often, users don't make the difference at first between a
language with a check mark (installed) and without in the list.

Just my 2 ct, sorry to be OT here. Can make a bug report if needed.

Hagar