On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 14:45 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>
> > Is there a reason that the README in the source release is still pointing
> > at http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXBuildInstructions for Mac Builds?
> >
> > Minimally this then points to http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AquaBuild
> > this doesn't seem exactly like what was used for 3.4.0?
> >
> > Would someone check the Build instructions and then update to be very clear
> > what is current.
> >
> > I am proceeding with my tests as if the prerequisites have not changed and
> > that I have them from my AOO 3.4 tests build.
>
> I am stuck and I am stopping. I am very unhappy with the instructions on the
> WIki page. I needed help with 3.4 and now I need help with 3.4.1.
>
> Please show me the simplest way to build on a Mac from Source and show me on
> the Wiki based on http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXBuildInstructions
>
> BTW - Remember that SOURCE is the ONLY OFFICIAL RELEASE.

- but I thought that as part of accepting this project ASF was saying
they were open to change.. am I just wrong on that - cause folks keep
saying this as if it is a FACT and I thought it was going to be up to
this project to decide whether binaries are official, or not.

That is what I thought when I cast my non-binding vote to create this
project at ASF - specifically that it was recognized as needing this
type of differentiation from earlier projects.

//drew