Am 10/26/2012 11:38 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts<lui...@gmail.com>wrote:

On 12-10-26, at 17:25 , Rob Weir<robw...@apache.org>  wrote:

Of course, the real question, Louis, is what do *you* want to do?

Be cynical, or I mean, more cynical.

Seriously, I have the same objections and observations as you do but I've
also spent 11 years dealing with people who don't. No one thing will work.
That's why I suggest multiple redundancies, and to place the instances
alerting users of opportunities in key areas—the download, for instance
(where we also used to locate contribution options), but also the Help,
About, etc. But what's usually best is to follow what others have done, and
to figure that the path has been torched, it's the one that will be
followed, so let's use it.

Louis--

I see "Support" on the home page as it's own major link; "Support" as a tab
available from all pages; and "Support" (probably not best placed) on the
download page in Documentation. We could certainly move this to "Additional
Information" or its own category placement.

Hm, or an own colored button below a specific button, so not to put it at the bottom of the webpage. Then link it to "http://www.openoffice.org/support";.

Marcus

If you feel something additional might help, it would be best to state some
specific navigation areas or ????

As I don't use MSFT Office and the last time I did found myself deep in
the sea of thick frustration, I'm the last person to ask about this.

louis