On 31/10/2012 jan iversen wrote:
Ok, I thought "team" meant language teams. But I have searched the Wiki and
cannot find any documentation on the required QA procedure relating to
national languages.
Can it be, that it was never really defined and written down ?

It was. We used to have two tools, TCM and QATrack.

The former was a test management platform, which (among many other things) contained a "Release Sanity" test suite, about 30 tests that should be passed to release OpenOffice in a certain language: sorting text with native language characters and so on.

The latter was a web panel where responsible QA persons for each language could state that they were running QA on, say, the German Mac OS X version and report whether the build was approved or rejected (and much more, but this is the basic idea).

Both tools are unused now. TCM is not accessible but if Oracle manages to provide the testcases (not the platform) we will be able to reuse them. QATrack was initially written by me and then significantly extended by Per Eriksson and we should have it somewhere, but can be easily redone on a proper framework: I wouldn't write a tool explicitly for that purpose any longer these days.

Regards,
  Andrea.