On 6/30/08 14:48 Mark Miesfeld said:
> The Clipboard test case that failed did a clipboard copy immediately
> followed by a clipboard paste.
>
>   cb1~copy("Some text")
>   text = cb2~paste
>
> Sometimes text would be the empty string.  I think that was just
> timing.  If you query the clipboard to see if it has data after the
> copy, then do the paste, it works every time.  Normally you would
> query the clipboard to see if it has data before doing a paste anyway.

uh, Mark...  Is this behavior documented?  I'm not at all sure that I would
have
thought to "query the clipboard" any more than I would have thought to re-read
just-written file record "to see if it has data".

A copy operation, immediately followed by a paste operation, that failed on
occasion would definitely raise my astonishment factor...

-Chip-