Cool!  I'm going to hazard a guess as to why.  The clipboard access is
done using registered native functions.  In 3.2.0, the table of
registered functions is held by the rxapi process, and every time you
make a call to a registered routine, there's an interprocess call
involved to retrieve the entry point name, and the entry point is
dynamically resolved EACH time the call is made.  In 4.0.0 (I feel
safe using that now that David's changed the version number <g>), new
packages are only loaded in the local process and there are no
resolution calls needed to resolve the entry points.  I suspect this
starting showing up now because the calls to native functions are now
significantly faster than the previous release.

Btw, even with "old-style" function packages, the interpreter stashes
the entry point information after the first call, so even those calls
will end up being faster.

Rick