Klaas,

The code is not going to get any more mature than it is at this point.
 It should be hardward agnostic, so the architecture of your machine
should not be a problem.  The only reason it has not been made
available on the Mac yet is because of a lack of someone to do the
actual port.  We're willing to give you assistance on doing this, but
there are a few things you need to understand:

1)  None of the committers have access to the combination of
hardware/software that you do, so you'll have to be willing to get
your hands dirty and try to debug things if there are problems.  The
more information you're able to provide on any issues, the more likely
we'll be able to help you.

2)  We're not likely to be able to provide much asistance on compile,
build, or install issues.  None of us are Mac experts, so you're
probably going to need to research those sorts of issues yourself.

3)  Once you do the port, you might be called upon to help any users
that have issues on that platorm.

As long as you keep these points in mind, we'd love to add more
platforms to our supported list.

Rick