Rick,

  Thank you for your reaction. Well the install task will
  be less easy than I hoped for but time/head permitting
  I'll make the effort and see where I end up.

  About me, I am an (very) old IBM Systems Programmer/System
  Engineer and have earned my wings in S/360 systems support.
  That does not necessarily make supporting current code
  any easier but some old tricks should have remained.
  Especially I have done a lot of debugging.

greeting,
  Klaas.

Rainer,
  Thanks for confirming that the PPC code is for AIX.