Ok, I sent a question to the Allura Apache project user list asking about
commits.  It is easier than I originally recommended, and will be easier in
the future.  To link a commit to a particular issue, just use

See ticket [bugs:#1]

or

See ticket [feature-requests:#1]

The qualifier is the ticket system name from the URL.  Each ticket system
has its own qualifier.

Eventually, the links in the commit messages will automatically result in a
back link getting created in the referenced ticket.  This is not there yet.
 To manually create a link to the particular commit in the ticket, just use

Committed revision [rxxxx]

Where xxxx is the revision number.

Rick