On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Mark Miesfeld <miesf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:24 AM, Rick McGuire <object.r...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Ok, I sent a question to the Allura Apache project user list asking about
> > commits.
>
> Good information here.  The above makes me curious though.  So, is
> Allura itself an Apache project and SourceForge is just using it?  I
> had thought it was something that SourceForge was developing
> internally.

Yes to all of these :-)  Allura was originally a sourceforge project that
sourceforge was "eating their own dogfood".  They decided to develop this
for a wider audience and contributed the code to Apache. It is currently an
Apache "incubator" project, which means it has a bit less independence than
an official Apache project.  Assuming the developers behave themselves as a
community and it remains active, the incubator project will graduate to a
top-level Apache project (I'm an Apache member, so I see a lot of this
activity going on).  Given that sourceforge has a vested interest in this
succeeding, I don't anticipate there will be many issues that would prevent
them from graduating.

Rick