Hi Bruce,

you are the best!
:)

Thanks to your findings I got a few ideas to test (copied the quarantined
/usr/bin and /usr/lib
entries to /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib). Can run the ooRexx interpreter
again. There is a
problem still with dynamic loading the BSF4ooRexx dynalib from Java's
java.library.path, will have
to check on that. (As it is night over here, I will have to go and analyze this
further ASAP.

---

However, there might be a little problem with ooRexx' code to locate rexx.cat,
it seems ooRexx looks
in "/usr/bin" only, judging from the error message: "97 Cannot open REXX
message catalog rexx.cat.
Not in NLSPATH or /usr/bin".

In the light of Apple's move (non system binaries and libraries need to go into
"/usr/local"
starting with 10.11, "El Capitan"), should I open a bug report for ooRexx for
that particular error
on MacOSX?

---rony