Dear Rony,

I cannot help you finding the cause of your problem but I can try to run the
program on various machines and collect some stats.

I have downloaded the complete kit and can launch startTestProgressBar.rex

I can see that the rexx program launches Java and the GUI show up with 3
buttons and a progress bar.

What should I do next? I can click the buttons but see no response (except the
buttons frame changing color to blue). I can see rexxworker in the task list
but that is all.

I have tried to click start some 100 times, no crash so far, I suspect I have
something set up incorrectly

Here are the settings for the Machine

macOS Sierra

POs-MacBook-Pro:~ po$ rexx -v
Open Object Rexx Version 5.0.0
Build date: Jul  7 2017
Addressing mode: 64

POs-MacBook-Pro:~ po$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_101"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

POs-MacBook-Pro:~ po$  rexx -e "call bsf.cls;say ..b4r~version"
600.20170617

When I launch the program from the command line I get the following so I guess
I have something incorrectly set up. Please advice what I should do next.

POs-MacBook-Pro:testapp po$ rexx testprogressbarcontroller
    17 *-* myGuiDir=.my.app~testProgressBar.fxml
     7 *-* call setupInitializeGUI
REX0097E: Error 97 running /Users/po/testApp/testprogressbarcontroller.REX line
17:  Object method not found.
REX0476E: Error 97.1:  Object ".MY.APP" does not understand message
"TESTPROGRESSBAR.FXML".
POs-MacBook-Pro:testapp po$

POs-MacBook-Pro:testapp po$ bash rexxj.sh  testprogressbarcontroller.rex
RexxDispatcher.java: Throwable of type
'org.rexxla.bsf.engines.rexx.RexxException' thrown while invoking Rexx:
getLocalizedMessage(): [BSF4ooRexx/routine/jniRexxRunProgram(), error 9:
    17 *-* myGuiDir=.my.app~testProgressBar.fxml
Error 97 running /Users/po/testApp/testProgressBarController.rex line 17:
Object method not found.
Error 97.1:  Object ".MY.APP" does not understand message
"TESTPROGRESSBAR.FXML".]

Hälsningar/Regards/Grüsse,
P.O. Jonsson
oor...@jonases.se