Dear P.O.:

On 08.08.2017 12:43, P.O. Jonsson wrote:
> I cannot help you finding the cause of your problem but I can try to run the
> program on various
> machines and collect some stats.
Thank you very much!

> I have downloaded the complete kit and can launch startTestProgressBar.rex
>
> I can see that the rexx program launches Java and the GUI show up with 3
> buttons and a progress bar.
>
> What should I do next? I can click the buttons but see no response (except
> the buttons frame
> changing color to blue). I can see rexxworker in the task list but that is
> all.
>
> I have tried to click start some 100 times, no crash so far, I suspect I have
> something set up
> incorrectly
>
> Here are the settings for the Machine
>
> macOS Sierra
... cut ...

you need a new version of BSF4ooRexx in order to become able to test this,
therefore I created a new
installation package for MacOSX a few minutes ago and uploaded it to
Sourceforge:
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/bsf4oorexx/files/beta/20161026/>, the
filename is:
"b4r_600_500_64Bit_macosx-20170807.zip
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/bsf4oorexx/files/beta/20161026/b4r_600_500_64Bit_macosx-20170807.zip/download>".

You would have to use a Terminal window to switch into the directory and launch
the Rexx program
with "rexxj.sh" as it uses the GUI, e.g.:

    rexxj.sh startTestProgressBar.rex

There are three possible scenarios:

  * the program runs through,
  * the program crashes,
  * the program hangs: if it hangs, then press Ctl-C in the Terminal window in
order to kill the
    hanging process.