This past year there have been many remarkable changes (performance
improvements from 1.2x to 20x
times, memory management, multi threading) and additions (ADDRESS...WITH,
variable references) to
ooRexx 5.0 beta, which already was great with respect to valuabel and new
features a year ago!

Judging from my work on BSF4ooRexx and ooRexx projects, ooRexx 5.0beta has
become stabler, faster
and more versatile than the almost five years old ooRexx 4.2.0 (release date:
February 2014).

Therefore, I think, it is time to create a release version of ooRexx 5.0beta,
such that companies
and organisations become able to install and take advantage of it! (As long as
software is dubbed
"beta" it usually does not get deployed for professional purposes in
organisations.)

So I suggest to create a branch 5.0.0 which does not take any new features
anymore, just bug-fixes
and materials to complete it (e.g. test units, documentation) "as fast as
possible". (Any new
features would go to trunk only and could be used to create a 5.1 version
shortly after the release
of 5.0.)

---rony

P.S.: After the release of 5.0 I would really suggest to create a version 5.1
as soon as possible
thereafter, which allows ooRexx to be run without administrative privileges on
Windows, Linux and
MacOSX!

P.P.S.: There are many important additional features for ooRexx post 5.x like
Unicode-support, now
that even English versions of Windows create Unicode text files by default, let
alone international
users of ooRexx with a need for support for their culture's glyphs (also
speeding up/simplifying
interfacing with Unicode-systems like Java, applications employing Unicode for
which ooRexx should
serve as a scripting language, but also operating systems like Linux, MacOSX
and Windows). Or
getting a NetRexx like catch-finally construct, or ... much, much more! :)