I may not have been entirely accurate. I believe that two rxapi process can run
at the same time as long as they have different PID files.  The problem is that
only one of them can bind the socket.  Do we know if rxapi issues an error
message if it can not bind the socket?  If so where does it send the error
message?

Bruce