On 21 Nov 2018, at 17:21, CV Bruce <cvbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Enrico,

I’m a little concerned that installing anything in ~/… will make it user specific, and not system wide.  Since only one copy of rxapi can run at a time, then only one user can use ooRexx.  In your explorations can you test for this?

"The main difference [on Mac OS] is that an agent is run on behalf of the logged in user while a daemon runs on behalf of the root user or any user you specify with the UserName key.”

This may imply that if you log off the daemon may stop running, or the daemon may not start until the user logs on.

Hello Bruce

The situation is even murkier …
I killed the daemon
Executed the script I used to test the WITH stuff and
Magically the daemon was there again
Logged off, logged on and the daemon never stopped running

So I guess that there should be no issues for a single user environment
Probably not even the need to install anything

Tested again and no need to install anything

I already modified

/opt/ooRexx.alt/rexxapi/server/platform/unix/linux/APIService.cpp

To  …
Accept one argument with the pidfile FULL path
Retrieve the OOREXX_PIDFILE environment  variable
If none of the above to use the hardware coded path

The utilisation of the arg approach is needed
To let the plist use a customised path

I tried to attach a zip file with the changed sources , but
Zip attachments are not allowed

Cheers

Enrico

Testing with a tgz