I found the secret sauce to get the rexxref pdf to build using FOP. Before
running the make, issue

export JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS="-Xms1g -Xmx2g"

This allows the pdf build to run to completion and the build runs
significantly faster.

I still want to see if I get get things to build with wkhtmltopdf. Right
now, it is giving an error for a missing abstract tag in the BookInfo, so
perhaps it could be as simple as adding abstracts to the books. I'm go to
start with one of the smaller books first to see if I can get it to build.

Rick