Hi Erich,

On 06.03.2020 21:21, Erich Steinböck wrote:
> Rony, the SVG images work fine when building for PDF, but last time I tried
> building for HTML, I
> found that they displayed much worse than PNG.
That is indeed quite strange. Maybe the transformation to html created
replacement bitmaps in a not
so good quality from the svg? Usually plain svg graphics scale beautifully in
HTML as well (just
look at the rail diagrams on the web [1] and increase the size of the browser
window as much as
possible).
> This was with the old Publican build, not Gil's new tool chain, so I'm not
> sure how our current
> results are with building for HTML, but you might want to wait until we
> understand which format
> works well for HTML, before doing all the work turning PNGs into SVGs.

Well, in order to test replacing png with svg I have created all proper
renderings already, so there
is no additional effort. However, in the ligth of your experience I will not
delete the png files,
just add the svg ones and referring them. In the case that svg would get
rendered in HTML in an
inacceptable way we can resort back to png.

Cheers,

---rony

[1] "Railroad Diagram Generator": <https://www.bottlecaps.de/rr/ui>