> On 10. May 2023, at 11:16, Rick McGuire <object.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 3:51 AM ooRexx <oor...@jonases.se
> <mailto:oor...@jonases.se>> wrote:
> I added the missing softlink so that Windows users can find rxsock.pdf, Is
> this the right way to do it on sourceforge?
>
> The status “Closed” is only set when there is a release version, right?
>
> When shall the status “Pending” be used?
>
> Pending should be used until the change is available in a shipped release.
> That allows us to determine what changes are actually in a release. Closed
> should never be used until a release containing the change has shipped.
>

> What is the difference between the milestones 5.0.0, 5.0.1 and 5.1.0?
>
> That indicates which release the change is going to ship on. Since the 5.0.0
> has already been released, that should never be used again. 5.0.1 would be a
> release that will contain only bug fixes to 5.0.0. The 5.1.0 release will
> contain new content, as well as bug fixes to 5.0.0 content. Bug fixes like
> this one should be applied to both the trunk and the 5.0.1 branch and the
> 5.0.1 milestone used.
>

> This fix solved the problem for 5.1.0Beta but the installer for 5.0.0 is
> still missing it. Is it ok to go in and make a retrospective build for 5.0.0
> and correct it manually?
>
> No, it is not ok. Once 5.0.0 has shipped, no changes to that tree are
> permitted. Fixes can only be released by spinning a 5.0.1 release.

Thanks for the info, makes sense. But unfortunately most people will be using
5.0.0 rather than the rolling release so they will miss out on things like
this. I guess we need to start thinking about a 5.0.1 then. I will change the
milestone for #1894 and #1875 to 5.0.1 then.

Re #1854 it is still ok to add missing files, like the source files to 5.0.0 ?

/P.O.