Marc:

I do not understand why LD_LIBRARY_PATH is required. I have never had to set it before.

======================================
bill@wb4alm-07:~$ *which rexx*
/usr/local/bin/rexx
======================================
bill@wb4alm-07:~$ *rexx -v*
Open Object Rexx Version 5.0.0 r12535
Build date: Dec  1 2022
Addressing mode: 64
Copyright (c) 1995, 2004 IBM Corporation. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2005-2022 Rexx Language Association. All rights reserved.
This program and the accompanying materials are made available under the terms
of the Common Public License v1.0 which accompanies this distribution or at
https://www.oorexx.org/license.html
======================================
bill@wb4alm-07:~$ *which liboosqlite.so*
/usr/local/bin/liboosqlite.so
======================================
bill@wb4alm-07:~$ *which oosqlite3*
/usr/local/bin/oosqlite3
======================================
bill@wb4alm-07:~$ *echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH**
*
======================================
bill@wb4alm-07:~$ *echo $PATH*
/home/bill/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
======================================

As you can see LD_LIBRARY_PATH is empty, but the three modules for ooSQLite are in "/usr/local/bin" which is the third library in $PATH.

I quote the ooSQLite-ReadMe.txt
================================
/To use ooSQLite in your ooRexx programs simply add this requires statement//
//  to the program://
//
//  ::requires 'ooSQLite.cls'//
//
//  and ensure that the files ooSQLite.cls and ooSqlite.dll (Windows) or//
//  oosqlite.so (unix-like systems) are somewhere in the path on your system./
================================

The three modules for ooSQLite are in "/usr/local/bin" which is the third library in $PATH

As listed before the following modules are in /usr/local/bin
  liboosqlite.so
  oosqlite3
  ooSQLite.cls

along with