From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of
Deborah Luchenbill
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:45 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about a small library without a
catalog to migrate

We had two libraries that came into Missouri Evergreen un-automated and without
a usable shelf list.  (A usable shelf list could be sent off to Backstage or
somewhere to be turned into MARC...but they still would have to touch every
item to put a barcode on it.)  In both instances, we set up their org unit and
made it invisible and unavailable for filling holds from other libraries.  They
took each item, barcoded it, and cataloged it/attached it to existing records.
We also got everything set up for settings/policies/etc.  When they were all
finished with the cataloging, we flipped them to visible and holdable.  They
registered patrons and gave them cards as the patrons came in.

Best,
Debbie

Debbie Luchenbill
Evergreen Coordinator
MOBIUS
111 E. Broadway, Ste. 220
Columbia, MO  65203
deb...@mobiusconsortium.org<mailto:debo...@mobiusconsortium.org>
573-234-4914
https://mobiusconsortium.org<http://mobiusconsortium.org>
Missouri Evergreen Help Desk:
h...@mobiusconsortium.org<mailto:h...@mobiusconsortium.org> / 877-312-3517
http://libraries.missourievergreen.org<http://libraries.missourievergreen.org/>

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 12:50 PM, Schooff, Rose (LVA)