Thanks Bill, is there any chance you have your checklist/script for what you
cleanup shared anywhere?  I would love to see what else you target when you
clean things up once a year.

Josh Stompro - LARL IT Director

From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Bill
Erickson
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 3:31 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] metabib.browse_entry unused cleanup?

Hi Josh,

I clean these up about once a year.  It's never been a problem, though.  I just
like cleaning things.

-b

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Josh Stompro
<stomp...@exchange.larl.org<mailto:stomp...@exchange.larl.org>> wrote:
Hello, I’ve been changing around some indexing rules and applied the fix to the
full stop/rda relator code normalization issue and now just noticed that all
the no longer used browse entries are sticking around in metabib.browse_entry.

There are 175K entries out of 950K that are no longer used according to
metabib.browse_entry_def_map and metabib.browse_entry_simple_heading_map.

Has anyone found this to be an issue and removed those unused entries?  I don’t
think this is causing any issues, it just seems strange to hold on to that
data.  Any typo that was ever entered in a browse field and corrected is
recorded there.

Thanks
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org<http://larl.org>
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139<tel:(218)%20233-3757>
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110<tel:(218)%20790-2110>